I know, I havn't done a very good job keeping you all updated. Sorry. I probably should have had someone else update for me. Ooops. Davis had his surgery this past Thursday. He had the nissen fundoplication and they put in the g-tube (feeding tube into his stomach). Thursday, Friday, and Satruday SUCKED. The days were bad, but the nights were worse. We are home now (came home Sunday night). I'm so glad he's feeling better now! I can already tell the nissen is what he needed. He's much more content, and so happy...even with the pain of surgery! Darn reflux was so bad! The feeding...that's a whole other story. It's still not good. Mostly because of behavior. He is used to eating an ounce or two, then stopping because it hurts. He's still doing that. The doctor said it could take some time for him to realize it doesn't hurt anymore. In the meantime, we feed him what he will take with the bottle, then put the rest in the feeding tube. Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it ends with everyone in tears. Please keep praying for our sweet baby...and us. My mom is keeping him this week while he heals. Next week, he goes back to daycare. I don't even want to think about it. They can't even remember to put the desitin on when they change his diaper, let alone remember how to use the feeding tube. Again...I don't even want to think about it. Perhaps we can get just one more miracle!
I have tons of pictures and updates. I'll get there. In the meantime, I thought you'd like to see some of the pictures my sister took of him at 3 and 4 months. Sometimes the out-takes are the best. He's so expressive! And, so smiley and happy...until he sees the camera. :) Sorry buddy...get used to it! Aunt Sha always has a camera stuck to her face! (Mommy too)
















First time to ever be in the grass! And, look at those legs! STANDING!! He loves standing up, and "bouncing." The exersaucer is his new favorite toy! Mine too! I can't get enough! Love it!

He loved it!




Still checking out the grass. And his mama can't help but smile watching him STAND!

He looks so "grown" up in this one!
Because many have asked, specific prayer requests:
- His feeding. He needs to be taking at least 6 ounces every 3-4 hours by mouth to quit using the feeding tube. He currently takes 1-2, and we put 2 more in the tube every 3 hours (total of 4).
- His head. Still no sign of any extra fluid on his brain! Yay!
- His bowel and bladder function. Still considered to be normal, but can change at any time as he grows.
- His daycare. It's a great place...if you're kid isn't as high maintenance as Davis is. Please pray they take good care of him...feeding, diaper changes, etc.
- His doctors.
- His parents! :)
- Did I mention his feeding?!?
Thank you!! I hope to be back this weekend with more pictures, a four month update, and TONS of firsts!!


1 comment:
What a cute boy! Hope things continue to improve!
Post a Comment