He rolls now, so when I put him in the chair like this, I have to sit in the floor in front of it. Sometimes it's worth it just to have use of my arms.
Since he's almost 5 months, I thought I should get this up. At his check-up, he weighed 13 pounds, 11 ounces (thus the feeding tube) and was 24 1/2 inches long. He got more shots, and screamed like crazy. I read the blog of another spina bifida mom. After her son's 2 month check up she put it best. "Most people cry when their babies cry from shots. We laugh, celebrating the fact that he can feel them!" She's so right!! :)He's right where he should be. He plays with toys, stands when you hold him up, sits with support, has started to pass objects from one hand over to the other, smiles when B or I come into the room, laughs, likes to look at books, and he goes to bed between 7:30/8, gets up to eat around 10:30/11, then sleeps from 11pm-6ish the next morning. Every night before I put him to bed, we sit in the rocker in his room and sing. I sing: Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, How Great Thou Art, Because He Lives, and Twinkle Twinkle. He has started to "hum along" some. I love it!
See? Loves books. This is a long book, with lots of words, and he studied all the pictures while she read. Thank you, Aunt Sha & Uncle Matt for the Pooh bear and book!
I have no idea. He went out with my dad and sister, and his eyes were showing. This is what returned. :)
"Auntie Said I Could." So true. So very, very true.
First Day of Daycare! He was WAY more excited than Mommy. Ugh.
Sippy Cup Success
He was less than impressed having his picture made during outside play time.
LOVES when B plays the guitar. He stops whatever he's doing and listens.
Just a sweet sleeping picture. I took this picture to show my parents. There are lots of pictures of me that look just like this...burp rag in hand, paci in mouth.
Surgery day. Such a long, horrible day. He was so swollen, and in pain. He was on several drugs, and still moaned while he slept. A.W.E.F.U.L.
The next day was a TAD better.
The third day was even better...he smiled!!
And, briefly played with a toy! (see the g-button? just above the heart bandage.)
Napping like they do at home. :)
Going home day!!
The "set up." When he finally woke up, he looked everywhere for a fan, so my dad made him one. :)
My dad also filled out his board. Ha. The nurses got a kick out of it.
He now turns the pages when we read books.
His first "opening day." (Dove Season, of course.)
His best "mean face" on his first game day!
This is what he was doing at kick off. :) They really should have reconsidered the 2:30 kick-off. Didn't they know it was nap time?! Oh well. He watched most of the game...and they won!
And, here was my sweet baby this afternoon. Can you hear him laughing?!
There. 26 pictures. I think you're caught up. For now. Feeding is still rough. Please pray for that!! We go for his post-op appointment with the surgeon Friday morning. I'll update then! Thank you for your prayers!!


























2 comments:
Thanks for the lengthy update, Vesti! Glad things are looking up for little Davis. You are so often in my thoughts and prayers!
he's so big now. and has a lot of hair.
Post a Comment