Monday, October 11, 2010

Catch-Up...Again

I really need to find a better system. I cannot find enough time to get everything done...and sadly, blogging lands at the bottom of the list! Here we go...I just counted there are 40 pictures! :)


I just liked this one. He almost always has his feet crossed when he sleeps.

STATE FAIR

I took this one when he woke up that morning. He was ready for the fair! B and I bought these pajamas at the state fair last year. We knew a baby was comming, but had no idea if it was a boy or girl. Worked out perfectly! :) Looks like a gown, but it has legs. He's just laying funny.

Waiting for Daddy to buy the tickets. He wasn't quite sure what was going on. He slept all the way there, and when we got there, we put him in the stroller in the hot sun, and bathed him in sunscreen.

The butter sculpture this year. Davis and I went back to the fair with my parents yesterday while B was at the Ranger play-off game, and I got a picture of it completed. Check below.

My sweet boy. Waiting to see Tom Landry's stuff.

Still waiting.

"The" hat.

Some bracelet thing. It's supposed to improve your strength, balance, etc. Supposedly it works. B said so too. Davis and I didn't feel the need to try it out.

We were well protected. The mounted police were everywhere.


Having fun at the fair!

Can you tell who they are? L to R...lady from the news, Emmitt Smith, Ebby Haliday (realtor), Roger Staubach, and Tom Landry's wife.

His first parade.

He watched most of it.

We had just fed him some cotton candy. He was NOT a fan. If he's truely mine, he'll learn to LOVE the pure sugar-y goodness!


Our walk to the car led us straight down the entire midway. You all know how loud and crazy it is. Davis CRASHED! He was worn out!

He fell asleep in the midway. Slept through being put in the car, the entire ride home, getting out of the car, taking a bath, getting dressed, tube fed, and into bed. He was so tired! I should also mention that we got to the fair around 1:30pm, and left about 10pm.

Watching the Rangers Try to clench the AL title.

They did it!!!

His current mode of transportation. (It's a loose term.) He uses his legs and "scoots" or rather, pushes himself around. He's already had one small carpet burn on his face. :) We're working on the arms.

Sitting up all by himself! We still have a ways to go, but he's able to do it longer and longer. When he saw the camera he started falling forward. Haha.

I just thought this one was cute.

PUMPKIN PATCH

When your Grandpa is the driver for the hayride, you don't have to ride in the back where all the "nasty" is...you get to drive! :)

He really did enjoy the pumpkin patch, but was VERY careful NOT to smile when the camera was out. Stinker.

See?!

WAY too much to look at!

Almost!

"Mama...pick me up!"

The girl scouts were a great source of entertainment for him.

There's a "half-smile."

I just thought this pumpkin was funny. I wish I would have bought it. How fun would that be on the front porch?!

First time in an outside swing. Despite the scowl, he really liked it.


Talking to Aunt Sha...look closely...you can see her on the screen.

The completed butter sculpture.

My sweet boy and all his personality at the fair yesterday. :)

Daddy and D watching the Ranger game today.

This was just too cute to pass up.

Watching the Cowboy game today. :) Haha...notice a theme?!


How was that?! Now you're all caught up. As far as feeding is concerned...blech. Most days he eats NOTHING by mouth. We try, he refuses, so we have to put it all in the feeding tube. SOOOOO frustrating!! Please keep praying for his feeding!! The doctor's say there is no medical reason why he won't eat. He just doesn't think he needs to. He will cry because he's hungry, may take a drink or two, then stops. If you put it in the tube, good. If not? He doesn't care. He'll go all the way to the next feeding time. Again, SOOO frustrating!

He will be 6 months old Thursday! We're going to have a party! The neurosurgeon has said all along that if he "makes it to 6 months without a shunt, he'll likely never need one!" Yes, it's always a possibility, but highly unlikely! And, Dr. Roberts said that he's never put one in a kid (with spina bifida...not injury, etc.) after the soft spot closes!! Please keep praying for that too!

He goes for his 6 month check-up Friday. I'll be back then with pictures and stats! Thank you all for your continued prayers!!