We had a busy week! A graduation party, and 3 doctor appointments. The first appointment was with the orthopedic specialist. It was precautionary. He said Davis had NORMAL function in his feet and legs! He doesn't think he'll ever need any braces! Yay! He wanted to see him in a year just to make sure all is still well, but he was excited to see Davis' strength and movement. Again...Yay! One more doc down.
Today, we had 2 appointments. The first was with the plastic surgeon. Look back at some of the pictures from past posts. His right ear is fully developed, and fully functioning, but not fully separated at the top. The doc said it's a simple procedure. Won't take long, and won't require much (if any) of a recovery time. He would like to wait until D is about 1 1/2 or 2 to do the surgery. There's no rush, it's all cosmetic, but he wants to take care of it before D starts to know what's going on. I agree. He said that if for some reason he needs another surgery in the next year or so, then he could likely go ahead and do his part while D is already asleep. He wanted to follow-up every 6 months until surgery, just to make sure. Fine by me. One more doc down.
The next appointment today was another follow-up with the neurosurgeon. He (and the PA) were both VERY pleased with everything. His most recent MRI showed yet another PERFECT brain! Praise God! They sat down and showed us both scans on the computer and how they compared. Originally, they had said they would do an MRI and an office visit every month for the first 6 months, and then one appointment every six months after that as long as he has no shunt. Well...everything is going so well, they want to wait 3 months for his next office visit, and from there they would decide when to do the next MRI. This both thrills me, and terrifies me! I like medical proof that everything is ok. But, they know what they're doing. If they're happy, so am I. So, we'll keep watching for signs/symptoms of problems (swelling/water on his brain) and see them again in September.
As always, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for you prayers!!
I only have a few pictures tonight. Until he really starts to "do" more, the pictures all kind-of look the same. :)
He was a tad grouchy after going to the doctor and a little shopping Wednesday afternoon.
Watching the toys hanging from the activity mat. One of them "sings."
Eye contact. A milestone we've definitely mastered.
Sweet ,sleeping baby! I love to watch him sleep. I just took this one a few minutes ago.
One more...I have to brag on my other boy. :)
B got a new job!! He's wanted a job closer to home since we moved out here. Two weeks from now, he will start his new job here in town...10 mins from the house...and 2 mins from D's daycare! The extra special part about this job is that he is no longer anyone's assistant. He is THE superintendent! His only bosses are the owner and GM. We couldn't be more excited, and I couldn't be more proud!




4 comments:
All I can say is YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Oh my goodness, God is SO GOOD. Wonderful news all the way around! So happy for your sweet family!
I have been reading your blog for quite some time now and think it's time to finally comment. I am pregnant with a little boy and due to deliver the beginning of July. He has been diagnosed with Spina Bifida as well. As I read this post, I am sooooo hoping that I get to make a post very similar after our little guy is born and doing equally as well as Davis is. It seems like we got/are getting many of the same reports from doctors prenatally. Keep posting...you are keeping my spirits up!!
~Meghan Crosier~
journeywiththecrosiers.blogspot.com
Congrats on the job promotion! :)
Davis is truly awesome. I am so happy to here the good news about his legs and head.
Adam and Lori
Post a Comment