While I still have no camera, I thought you'd all still like an update. My sweet Davis is THIS.CLOSE to being a full time walker!! He is NOT there yet, but there are lots of days where he spends more time walking than crawling!! He is doing it, and is SO proud of himself! In fact, there are times when he'll walk over to something, and when he gets there, he claps and says "yay!" Cracks me up. Yesterday, I was doing dishes and last I looked, he was standing at the fireplace playing with his cars. The next thing I knew, he was walking around the corner in the kitchen saying "mama, yay! mama, yay!" I have no idea how far he walked. He has to be holding something to get up, so he went at least went half-way on his feet! We are so proud of him, and are VERY aware of the miracle we've been given. We could never thank God enough for our sweet little miracle and all that he is able to do! Hopefully soon we'll have the camera back and you'll all be able to see pictures of the walking!! I can't wait to come back to post that he is officially a walker! There will be a serious party in this house! I'll keep you posted!
Another thing we need to get a picture of is Davis in his BIG BROTHER shirt!! Yes! #2 is on the way! C-section tentatively scheduled for December 28, 2011! And, because several people have asked, YES! This was very much planned! I'm being watched very closely, and have had 6 ultrasounds already (one every 2 weeks for the first 12 weeks). So far, everything looks great! Baby is looking healthy, and for that we are thankful! Dr. Tabor said we'll know more with each ultrasound, and that with the next one, we might could get a peek at whether it's a boy or girl! But, at the same time, the next appointment is only 16 weeks and at that point, they are not always that reliable. He said better to wait until at least the 20 ultrasound to start calling the baby by name. :)
I'll keep you all posted on both of the above!! Please pray for BOTH of our babies! Davis has his next MRI on July 19th. My next appointment with Dr. T is July 28th.
You all have been so faithful to pray for us for the past 20 months. At our last appiontment with Dr. T, I happened to be wearing my redefining spina bifida shirt. The couple sitting across from us asked if we knew someone with spina bifida. We, of course, told them about Davis. They said they had a 9 month old son at home, and were having a baby girl with spina bifida. They were also told it was low and small, but we know the overwhelming feeling of the unknown. I do not know their names, but please keep this family in your prayers!!
And, the Walk-N-Roll is one week from today!! They're asking that all donations be in by noon Friday. Please go to my facebook page and click the walk-n-roll link to donate to help support my sweet boy and others just like him! PLEASE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am just so so so SO excited about baby Numero Dos! Praying that Momma is feeling great, praying that baby is just kickin' right along schedule (literally), and that Big Brother Davis keep walkin' the walk!!! Amazing. Love y'all!!! Keep me posted on you.....
Congrats to you! What an exciting time!
Post a Comment