Sunday, January 12, 2014

December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009. Diagnosis day. We sat in a cold doctor's office and listened to her tell us all that would be wrong with our unborn baby boy. She painted a bleak picture. She PUSHED us to "terminate and try again." I remember everything about that day. Everything. Every horrible detail. I wish she would have told us how GREAT he would be. A diagnosis of mylomeningocele spina bifida implies that life will not be easy, but it isn't a death sentence. I wish I would have known how smart he would be. How funny, how sweet, how quick witted, how loving, and how active he would be. I wish I would have known that 4 years later, my 3 1/2 year old would be one of the most amazing blessings I would ever have. If I had known all of those things 4 years ago, I would not remember that day as such a horrible day. It would have just been remembered as the day we learned we were having an extra special baby boy.




There are still so many times I wonder what on earth God has planned. It often makes NO sense to me. To us. But...He is a good God. He DOES have a plan. We may not always understand it, but it is there, and we trust it. My sweet boy is AMAZING. We have already seen some of that "Plan" at work. I can't wait to see what his future holds!

Sweet babies. On Sunday nights, we have picnics in the living room and watch America's Funniest Video's. (I did the same thing growing up!) We caught them eating like this.

One more extra from that day. This Santa. I have NEVER liked him. When we were first married, we couldn't really afford to buy Christmas decorations, but this Santa was on clearance (I wonder why?!) when Brandon was at the store by himself. He loves this thing. I continue to put it out every year. Partly as a reminder of where we've been, and partly because Brandon loves it. Turns out, Anna also loves it. His placement became a game to me this year. No matter where I put him, Anna would come through, see him, and move him to one specific spot. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. This was the first time I found her to put him somewhere else. The ornament he is staring at is a record player that plays music. Davis and Anna would push the button and have a dance party. She thought Santa would like to dance too. Sounded good to me. I left him until she eventually moved him back to "his spot." :)

No comments: