Saturday, January 11, 2014

Thanksgiving

Brandon is a golf course superintendent. That means he works Thanksgiving Day for a few hours. Honestly, I don't mind! I truly enjoy spending the holiday week/weekend with my little family. Before we had kids, I made a big (traditional) lunch, we went to the movies while recording the Cowboy game, then came home and decorated the house for Christmas while watching the Cowboy game. The only thing we changed when Davis was born is that we no longer go to the movies. 

The night before, we made a no-bake Pumpkin Pie. They loved getting to help, and Anna loved eating it. Davis just loved the cool whip on the top. Don't worry. Brandon got his "regular" pumpkin pie too...thanks to the bakery. :)







While the parade played in the background, we got started cooking lunch. Just a side-note...we will not be watching the parade anymore. It has not been a "parade" in several years. It has become a bunch of people who stop to perform in front of Macy's while we listen to people talk about it. The Tournament of Roses Parade...THAT is still a parade. I digress...

When they FINALLY got bored "helping" me cook, they flew around the house like Buzz Lightyear...

...and stopped to see Santa make his grand entrance.


Lunch! I would also like to add that I do not like "traditional Thanksgiving food." At all. None of it. Brandon does. It's a sacrifice I make so that he will get my Christmas tree out of the attic after lunch!

After Anna's nap, they put up the trees in their rooms.

It requires a LOT of concentration.

He was SO proud of HIS tree!

She was SO MAD when she realized the ornament in her hand was the last one to put on. Haha!

I told Davis we couldn't put up the big tree until the floor was vacuumed. He got it out, plugged it in, and vacuumed the floor! By himself! Haha! Poor baby...he was so ready!

This one cared less about the tree, and more about dinner that was cooking in the oven.

After dinner and baths, it was time! And, no. I have NO idea why she was putting ornaments on from this position.

(Yes. They stayed in their pajamas all day, took a bath, and put fresh jammies on. Unashamed.)



Look! There I am...the only picture of me from that day.


Perhaps I should have taken the "hand turkey's" down before the picture.

My favorite picture from the whole day. My sweet boy loves to sing "Away in a Manger," and the Little People "Mativity" plays the song so he can sing along. I've never heard a sweeter sound than my baby singing about our Savior.

No comments: