Until a couple of weeks ago, Anna was still sleeping in a crib. When she was about 18 months old, she started climbing out. We had plans to convert it to a toddler bed that next weekend, but before we could do it, she fell out. She was not hurt, but it scared her enough that she wouldn't climb out anymore. She could easily get into bed, and refused to climb out. Score one for us! Fast forward more than a year-and-a-half, she was constantly climbing in and out. It was time. We were going to wait until spring break, but by the second "Ice Day" in a row, we needed another project. :-) To say they were both excited would be a huge understatement!
Two days after the bed conversion, she had an appointment for her very first haircut. She has been begging for "a big girl haircut" for several months. Begging. I have also been saying I want to cut it for several months.
Before:
Sweet girl felt so BIG. She looked it too.
Those legs. She's a natural!
After:
My sweet baby is growing up! There is nothing "baby" left about her. Part of me is sad, but I love the little person she is becoming. I love watching her grow and learn. I know there will be "firsts" forever, and what a privilege it is that I get to be her Mom, and that I get to experience them with her!!













No comments:
Post a Comment