Thursday, May 20, 2010

I am way too tired for a clever title tonight. We are packing to go out of town for a funeral, but I wanted to put up a few recent pictures. Also, the physical therapist from ECI (early childhood intervention) evaluated Davis Tuesday. On that day, he was one month, four days old. On all of her tests, his physical skills/development scored at 2 months, and his cognitive skills scored at 3 months! :) Yay!! She also said he did not qualify for therapy services based on his skills. But, she said because he has the spina bifida diagnosis, he can automatically get services monthly anyways, if I wanted them. I said yes...I'd rather her come monthly and keep an eye on him. Ahead is ALWAYS better than delayed!


We have several appointments next week. D has his second MRI on Tuesday, I have my post-op follow-up appointment Thursday, and D sees the neurosurgeon again Friday. Please keep praying for our sweet baby's brain!! I'll keep you all posted.



Standing on daddy's hand! He actually "stands" alot! :)


Meeting baby Dylan. Neither were interested in having their picture made. Oh well. Next time.




Brandon always makes sure to show him the pictures after he reads a page. :) It's cute.

I have no idea why this one is upside down. I would blame blogger, but the watermark is correct, so I must have messed it up somehow. Oh well.


D and his cattle-raffe from Aunt Vasha. Technically it's a giraffe, but a few people (ahem...Nana and Gammi) think it looks like a cow, so Brandon named it a cattle-raffe. It's cute, but I'm afraid that in a few years he's going to want to go see the cattle-raffe's when we go to the zoo. :) HaHa.


I don't remember where we were, or what we were doing, but he was less than impressed!


Looking out the window while Nana talks to Grandpa.


I took this one so you could all see the additional chins he's gained in the last few weeks. I love it! You can also see where his hair is starting to fall out. I was hoping to avoid this, but no. And, not only is it falling out, so far it's only falling out on the very top! He looks like a little old man! I find myself rubbing his head on the sides and back.


Tummy time! We spend ALOT of time like this every day. I line all the toys up above his head, and as he raises his head to look at them, I play with them. They all either rattle, sing, light up, or have mirrors on the bottom. He's doing great! Raises his head great and holds it way longer than he needs too. And, he is able to roll from his belly to his back...but not from his back to his belly. We're working on that. It's harder.


I took this one today. My boys like to nap together. :) Look at that sweet little foot on his daddy's arm. Love it!

1 comment:

Vasha said...

he looks very concerned in the car seat picture. perhaps he associates it with a dr visit. maybe you can take him to the park. :-)