Monday, October 19, 2009

12 Week Appointment

We went back to the doctor this past Friday. It was relatively uneventful, except the part where they put me in a "broken dress" that opened in the front. Brandon got quite a kick out of it. Picture it: I have on the lovely, broken gown (open in the front of course), my black socks, and nothing else (too much info, I know...stick with it). Out of no where, B starts laughing. Since the gown only closed with a tie at the neck, B said it was more like a cape, and all he could picture was a "crazy pregnant lady running down the street wearing nothing but a cape and black socks!" Yes, he is funny...I am glad I have him with me when the doctor takes FOREVER to get to the room. Needless to say, when she finally did come in, B had painted such a vivid picture, it was ALL.I.COULD.THINK.ABOUT!!! More than once, I smiled while the doctor was talking, and it wasn't necessarily appropriate to do so! Oh well...she will learn...Brandon should come with his own caution label! :) Anyways, back to the appointment. They did more bloodwork (and will do more at the next 2 appointments as well), a sonogram, and lots of poking around on my belly and bladder. The heartrate was between 150-160, and everything looked good! I can now get a flu shot (now that all of my patient's have had the flu, this is perfect timing...ha), and at 16 weeks I can stop taking the medicine to keep the baby in. We go back for more bloodwork November 13th (16 weeks), then we'll go back early-mid December for the "big" appointment...the anatomy scan. Yes, we will be finding out if it's a boy or girl...there's NO WAY I could ever just be suprised. No Way. I'm too much of a planner! We'll keep you posted!

No comments: