Today marks 12 weeks. 12 weeks of nausea, 12 weeks of Zofran (for nausea), 12 weeks of headaches (actual physical pains in my head), 12 weeks of endless little "pains," and 12 weeks of complete exhaustion. BUT, It also marks 12 weeks of knowing there's a baby in there and a huge milestone that it has a better chance of staying put. 12 weeks of worrying, praying, excitement, and loving. A friend frequently reminds me that feeling bad is a good thing because as long as you feel bad, you know the baby is in there and growing. I suppose she has a point! :)
According to my babycenter emails (and "what to expect when your're expecting") here's the rundown...the baby is weighing in at 1/2 an ounce, only 7ish pounds to go! It's approximately 2 1/2 inches long, and about the size of a large, fresh plum. The digestive system is beginning to practice movements (so he/she can eat and poop someday); the bone marrow is making white blood cells (so he/she can fight off the germs and infections I bring home and give to Brandon, but that I seem to always avoid); and the pituitary gland has started producing hormones (so he/she will be able to make babies of his/her own someday). I'm not so sure I want to think about the whole hormone thing just yet! :) Here is the picture Brandon took a few minutes ago. It's time to buy some new pants.
Yes, my pants are unbuttoned. No, it isn't just for comfort...they no longer fit. Oh, well.
I almost forgot...I go back to the doctor tomorow. I'm not sure if she'll do a sonogram or not, we hope so. I'll update when I can.
3 comments:
Hi Vesti.....love your blog...keep up the good work.
Congratulations on your "Blessing from God".
lift the shirt up. we can't see the baby.
Time will fly by! You will be happy you kept this record of your waiting time while baby Wyatt is growing!
Post a Comment