Dr. Tabor, that is. I refrained, but I could kiss him!! More good news!! When we were looking at Davis, he would not stop moving. they were trying to get pictures of everything, but had a hard time. Good for us, because it took a long time, and we were just watching him move. :) They were finally able to get pictures of his face, hands, head, and belly; but couldn't get any pictures of his feet because he wouldn't be still enough! I told them that at this point, I don't care if we ever get another picture of either of his feet! They are moving at ever joint! Praise God! He said his brain still looks perfect (again...praise God!), and he's HUGE! They weren't able to get a full length measurement because of the movement (his, not mine...I was good). They said he's weighing in at 2 pounds (a full 1/2 pound more than most). Measurments around his belly, and the length of his arm and leg bones are all bigger and longer than expected. This is also good...he's going to be big. We like that...bigger and stronger at birth. He looked at the cystic spot on his neck and it's SMALLER! He said it's smaller each time, and he anticipates that it will all be gone by birth. He'll still have the little bit of extra skin, but we can live with that! I asked him if he could print out some of the pictures of the lesion on his back so I could have it, and he switched us to a different room so we could get a 3-D picture. They tried to get one of his face too, but he was either moving too much or he put his hand in front of his face. We did get 2 of his back. It show's where the spine goes down EXACTLY WHERE IT SHOULD BE! Yay! It's not out in the sac! It show's where the sac is "connected" and kind-of balloons out. He said there still appears to be no major nerves in it. He said the piece where it connects could house some smaller nerves, but if the sac is truely as low as it appears to be, there aren't any nerves there! I tried to get it "copied" to put on here, but no one would know what they were looking at anyways, so I'll just have to show those who want to see in person where I can point and tell what parts are what.
As for me, he said I'm doing well too. I had my glucose test today. OH.MY.GOODNESS...it was NASTY. I go in and sit down and the lady asks if I would prefer something that tastes like rotten sunkist or rotten big red. Ummmm...NEITHER! Ha! I don't like either sunkist or big red and they want me to drink an even nastier version? Ugh. I chose orange. Then I had to drink the whole 16 ounces in 5 minutes, and not throw up. The nurse said, "if you puke, you have to do it all over again." I didn't tell her this, but if I had "puked," there would be no way the stuff would go down in the future. We'll get the results by Monday. Dr. Tabor said that if no one calls on Monday, then I passed. I've been having a lot of uterine cramping and sharp pains lately (daily). He said as long as they go away when I sit down and relax for awhile, then it's fine; I'm just over doing it. I just need to figure how not to do that. :) It's a delicate balance. He also said that the "pain" when I sit is likely my tailbone being pushed out of it's home (which is what I assumed). I suppose I should carry a "ring" to sit on. Huh...No thanks. I'll just suffer. I'm otherwise doing well.
We also talked "birthday" today. He really wants to wait until 38-39 weeks. He again went back to the fact that Davis' brain is perfect, so we aren't trying to get him out so we can get any water off of his brain, and again, the longer he cooks the better. As he cooks, he gets bigger and stronger. We're shooting for 8 pounds. Based on the 2 pounds today, he could very well make it. :) Beginning now, I will go every 2 weeks so he can very closely monitor everything and make sure I don't go into labor. He said if all is going well, we'll do the c-section on Thursday April 22nd. This concerns me for several reasons. Most important, the fact that it is VERY possible that I will go into labor sooner, and he will be out of town at a conference on April 19, 20, and 21st! See? I told you...nervous!! It also concerns me because that means Davis will have his surgery on a Friday (the 23rd), then we'll both be cared for by "weekend staff." I know they are fine, but Dr. Tabor won't be on call if for some reason they need him for me, and the doctor who closes Davis' back will likely not be the one on call for the weekend. It will be fine, but I just think about and "stew" on ALL the possibilities.
Specific Prayers:
-Continued protection for his brain
-That his bowel and bladder will be protected and he'll have full function/control
-That he stays IN until the doctors are ready to take him out safely
-Me and B.
Thank you for all the prayers! Again, we soooo appreciate them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, that is all SO GREAT!! YAY!!!! I would have wanted to kiss him too!
As for the birthday date... I would be concerned too. Although, our experience with the NICU... the surgeon who did B's surgery was not the one who would do rounds anyways. And when she DID need him (on a Sun, they decided to do her shunt that afternoon), he came up and did it even though he wasn't on call. SO, maybe the same things would happen there?? Except for the shunt since it looks like he won't need one! Wahoo!!! Praise God!
I don't know about Tabors counterparts, but I do know Roberts. And can say they are amazing! I know you remember that when we went back to the hospital Dr. Roberts wasn't on call. Dr. Honeycutt did that surgery and we were VERY happy with him. He did pray with us before going in to the OR. I know it's hard, but you have nothing to worry about. Not to mention you are in the BEST hands...God's! We love you!
Post a Comment