Friday, April 2, 2010

36 Weeks

At the time I was too tired to mess with this blog, but yesterday was 36 weeks! Officially 9 months!! Less than 2 weeks. My sister is keeping up with the specific number of days better than we are. I think she may be a little excited. :) My info says he should be just under 6 pounds, and 18 1/2 inches long. As always, we know that is not correct. He was bigger than that last week at Dr. Tabor's office. It also says he's losing the fur coat he's been sporting. Thank goodness! As for me...I still feel about the same. Sort-of. The swelling...good heaven's! I posted that picture of my feet earlier in the week, but I laugh at that picture now. It's SOOOOO much worse! My feet/legs were NOT built to carry this kind of fluid and weight. I have only ONE remaining pair of shoes that fit...white crocs. Ugh. Oh well...an Easter memory. I'll be sure to get a picture of that...me...in a Black dress (because I refuse to buy a dress I'll only wear once)...white crocs...ankles the size of my calf. I'm certain Brandon, my parents, and my sister will find GREAT humor in it! :) But, I get to pick where we eat after church, and I get to be dropped off at the door! I DO see the perks!

Here we were yesterday...

And, for your viewing pleasure...here were my feet Wednesday afternoon. Yesterday was worse. I'm beginning to see an ugly pattern! I used the shoes I was wearing at the baby shower as a reference point. HA! And, Yes...I am fully aware that I NEED a pedicure. I'm waiting until next weekend. If I'm going to be cut open and gutted like a fish, I will at least have pretty toes!





I should add that I know soooo many people had it worse than I do. For that, I am blessed! Nothing will ever compare to my friend Hayley's feet! I remember seeing her feet and wondering how she ever managed to walk upright on those things! :) I'm ready to have my tiny feet back! I'll be sure to let you know when they return!

I'll go back to see Dr. Tabor Monday morning. I'll update when I get home. But, in the meantime, everyone have a wonderful Easter! I always say Christmas is my favorite holiday, but Easter is the most important one! What a MIGHTY God we serve...sacrificing His Son, for us! And, His Son, Jesus...who had the power to save Himself! Such an Amazing Love! Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Steve and I .... said...

vesti has cankles! Ha! Mine did the same. Hang in there.

Hayley said...

Ahhh...the swollen feet. Oddly enough, that didn't happen to me in my second pregnancy. Go figure.

I enjoy reading the updates and can't wait to see pics of your little one soon!

Jodi said...

Oh honey... those FEET! Bless your heart!!! Goodness. I will PROMISE you that your body will get back to normal! Well, at least a new normal. :) But you WILL see your pretty feet again. As for the pedicure... GET ONE! I will try and call you this week.... remind me to tell you why! Ha!! :) :) :)