Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Relief

The appointment went great today! It was really the first "uneventful" appointment we've had since early November. I'll take it! It was actually an appointment more about me than anything. When we first started seeing Dr. Tabor, he said he would be seeing us every 2 weeks and would do an ultrasound every time. Well, no ultrasound today. He said that everything has been looking so good, and ultrasounds cost us extra on our insurance policy, he didn't want to, or need to, do one today. For the record, I would have been more than willing to pay the extra money to get to see the baby. Oh well. It was weird having an appointment about me! There was much talk about blood pressure (which was perfect), weight (a little under, but good enough), swelling (he's not concerned because my blood pressure is fine and it typically goes away at night), etc. You know...normal stuff! They measured me and I'm measuring small, but Davis is measuring BIG. Fine with me! His heartbeat was good, but they couldn't get an exact reading because, as always, he wouldn't be still long enough. :) We also talked about overdoing it...ooops. And, the contractions I've had. He said just keep an eye on it, and call him if there are more than 5-6 in an hour. Phew...we're good there. I didn't have that many. He wants me to start keeping track of movement, and at least once a day sit still and count them. If I count less than 10 in an hour, again, I'm supposed to call him. That shouldn't be a problem. He moves ALL.THE.TIME. He's starting to kick me in the lungs...it hurts (and I know will only get worse), but they say those are his feet, so I'll just take the pain. I'm not about to scold foot/leg movement!

We also talked c-section again. I explained my concerns with waiting until 39 weeks. I told him I was certain I would worry myself into labor during the 5 days he would be out of town right before. He laughed and said he couldn't have that. So, we will have a birthday on one of three days...April 12th, 13th, or 14th (which is one day before 38 weeks). He said he would feel more comfortable doing another amnio first just to make absolutely certain that his lungs are ready to go. He will likely do the amnio on Thursday the 8th (or Friday the 9th), and we'll go from there. He said unless it's an emergency, he doesn't ever schedule births on April 15th. He thinks it's cruel to saddle a kid with such a horrible birthday...for life! Ha! He really can be funny sometimes. Closer to time, we'll get an exact date. I like the 12th. We will see.

We go back on Monday, Feb. 15th. He said he will definitely do another ultrasound. As always, thank you for your prayers! We still need them, and can't tell you how much we appreciate them!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yay for uneventful appts!! We both know what the EVENTFUL kind can feel like, so this kind (though a bummer not to see the baby) is a BLESSING!!! :)

I had Brooklyn at 38 weeks 6 days. She IMO is perfect. So, there ya go. :)

OH! And quit over-doing!!! Silly girl!! :) :) :) Sending lots of love and prayers!!!